References for newcomers
This is more of a curriculum to get started on your web development career at the dojo. It is preffered to follow this guide in order. But feel free to shuffle around if you're feeling adventurous.
Get yourself acquainted with how the web works.
- How the web works!
- The Internet whitepaper (boring!)
- HTTP and HTML (youtube)
- How the internet works - (youtube playlist)
Learn just enough
- MDN html
- MDN CSS
- Internetting is hard
Get yourself a codepen account and host your code there.
Getting a deeper understanding
- CS50 - Intro to CS
- Some Math (optional)
- MDN HTML - Advanced topics
- MDN CSS - Reference - Key Concepts
- YDKJS: Up & Going
- YDKJS: Scope & Closures
- YDKJS: this & Object Prototypes
Building webapp APIs
Build a full web app similar to RWA. Borrow concepts from these codebases.